It's so difficult to fit drama lesson plans into today's over-stuffed daily schedule. However, drama activities can be integrated into many areas of the curriculum to support learning in many subjects. Whether it is a formally scripted and rehearsed skit, an activity used to practise acting techniques, or drama games that encourage "thinking outside the box" you will find that there are many creative ways to...
Add a Little Drama to Learning
Ready to add some humour and save your valuable preparation time?
Just click the book cover or the text link to view the ideas presented in
The Dramatic Classroom.
Feel free to download the file to keep for future use.
There are also roles cards to print, including blank cards for you customize.
What Drama Lesson Plans are Inside?
1. Ho Hum to Ha Ha Ha!
- Practise performance skills while working on material to be memorized
2. Object Empathy
- A role playing activity with a twist
3. Spelling B-mote
- Using the various drama performance skills when spelling words
4. Reading Sequence Scramble
- Present major events in a story in pantomime
5. Character Study
- Challenge students to become one of the characters in a story and act out how that character might react to a different situation
6. Freeze Frame
- Illustrate a scene from a story as a living picture or tableau
7. Living Colour Poems
- A process for composing and dramatically presenting poems
8. Goldilocks and the Triangular Bears
- Tell the fairy tale by repeating the mathematical formula to be memorized
9. Geometric Body Sculpture
- Body Sculpture adds laughter to a geometry review of 2D and 3D shapes
10. Area and Perimeter
- Active game to practise the concepts of area and perimeter
11. A Bit of a Dramatic Stretch
- Body sculpture can exercise the mind and the body
12. To Live It Is To Learn It
- Simulation drama lets students feel as though they are actually living out a situation in real life
13. Research-Don't Just Stand and Deliver!
- Present science research in play format
14. Simple Machines Save the Day
- Students work in groups to write a script for a rescue scene in the story of Rapunzel
Activity Cards and Script To Print
- Object Cards, Role Cards, Blank Cards
Fables are short and easy to retell using puppets.
Easy version for ESL or more challenging Advanced Vocabulary